Show!: April 2013 Archives
Saturday April 13, 2013
It's a sound that harkens back to a very specific era.
The Shirelles are in Montreal tonight, for the Legends of Rock and Roll concert at the Rialto along with The Crystals and Freddy Cannon.
The group was discovered after performing in a high school talent show in New Jersey. Their music was a combination of doo-wop and soul along with a pop influence. As much as The Shirelles projected an innocent school-girl sound they were also one of sexiest groups at the time.
Shirley Alston Reeves, one of the founding members of The Shirelles spoke with Sonali Karnick.
Shirley Alston Reeves. Photo courtesy of Rialto Theatre.
Download Flash Player to view this content.
Categories: Music, Performance, Show!
- May 2014
- Sat., 3 – Songs and Stories of Judy Garland
- November 2013
- September 2013
- Sat., 28 – Dave Foley opens Yuk Yuk's in Montreal
- May 2013
- Sun., 19 – Cavalia's new show Odysseo in Laval
- April 2013
- Sat., 13 – "The Shirelles"
- March 2013
- November 2012
- Sat., 10 – Girls Night Out for mothers and daughters
- October 2012