Outdoors: September 2013 Archives
Sunday September 29, 2013
The Montreal Marathon swept through the city last weekend. It's a huge challenge for everyone involved. David Carroll runs ULTRA-marathons. Those involve running or walking distances that are greater than a marathon - 50 k, 100k, 100 miles. There's actually one next weekend, the Tour du Massif in the Laurentians.
David Carroll has run six 100-mile ultra-marathons. That's 161 km. And then he wrote a novel about them, from the point of view of a 13-year-old boy. It's titled Ultra. David is also an award-winning CBC producer.
He spoke with us from our Toronto studio.
Download Flash Player to view this content.
Categories: Activities, Books, Children, Outdoors
- July 2014
- Sat., 12 – Foresta Lumina
- April 2014
- Sun., 6 – Wentworth puts health first
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- Sat., 17 – La Seigneurie du Triton: top 10 family hotel
- July 2013
- Sat., 6 – A Field Guide to Pebbles
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- Sun., 10 – (No) snowmobiling in the Monts Valin
- January 2013
- December 2012
- Sat., 15 – Ecomuseum breakfast with the animals
- November 2012
- Sun., 18 – Les Primitifs: survival school