host picture

  | Bookmark and Share

Knowlton House

knowltonhouse.JPGYou'd hardly know it, walking by but an aluminium sided house in Knowlton is actually, underneath, historically important. It belonged to P.H. Knowlton, for whom the town is named. He built the house in 1815. 

The Knowlton Golf Club owns the house now, and they're seeking permission to demolish the building.  David Kinninmonth is an architect who lives in Knowlton and he's on the "Village Development" committee of the Town of Brome Lake. He spoke with Sonali Karnick about the history of the house and others that could be just like it in Quebec. 

Download Flash Player to view this content.