Health: October 2013 Archives
Saturday October 26, 2013
This morning, we have another Townships adventure from our colleague Jacquie Czernin.
In the past couple of weeks she
has taken us to one of Canada's only grape stomping events -- in St-Armand - and then on to Frelighsburg, to the internationally award-winning Domaine Pinnacle, with its ice ciders and herb-infused gin.
As you may know, Spa Eastman is a pioneer in destination spa vacations. It's been offering spa treatments since 1977 on its 300-acre retreat.
(Photo, above, courtesy of Spa Eastman; below, Jacquie Czernin with Jocelyna Dubuc, founder of the spa.)
Categories: Activities, Health
Sunday October 13, 2013
Those are some of the concerns healthcare professionals will be talking about at the first International Congress on Whole Person Care that's being hosted by McGill University this week.
Dr Tom Hutchinson is one of the organizers. He's the director of McGill Programs in Whole Person Care. He's also the editor of the first academic book on this growing field of study, Whole Person Care: A New Paradigm for the 21st Century. Dr Hutchinson tells Sonali Karnick about some of the ideas behind the conference.
- August 2014
- Sat., 9 – Trampoline boots in Montreal's Old Port
- May 2014
- Sun., 11 – The Book of Kale and Friends
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- Sun., 2 – Toxin Toxout: how to detoxify your life
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- Sun., 22 – Longevity: the benefits of eating fish
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- Sat., 25 – Lentils + rice
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- Sat., 2 – A healthy Chinese New Year
- January 2013
- Sun., 27 – Making cities more fitness-friendly
- December 2012
- Sat., 1 – Dr Réjean Thomas on World AIDS Day
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- Sun., 26 – Stress, Part 1: driving ourselves NUTS