Health: August 2013 Archives
Saturday August 24, 2013
The annual Garlic Festival in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue kicks off this morning.
You can learn how to grow your own garlic, cook with it, and maybe even put it in a dessert!
Nevine Elchibini will be at the festival later today. She'll be teaching visitors about the health benefits of garlic.
Sunday August 11, 2013
Earlier this week, the Quebec Ministry of Health was warning Quebeckers to cover up and put on bug spray because the West Nile Virus is back. - with 130 cases up from just one or two in the last two years.
It's an added incentive to avoid mosquitoes - as if we needed another reason! Every summer, we consider our options - from strong-smelling bug sprays to the new ultrasonic devices and bracelets you can wear that don't smell. But what's really the best way?
Pat Curry from Health Canada gives Elizabeth Robertson the official low-down on repellents.
For more information, go to:
- August 2014
- Sat., 9 – Trampoline boots in Montreal's Old Port
- May 2014
- Sun., 11 – The Book of Kale and Friends
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- Sun., 2 – Toxin Toxout: how to detoxify your life
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- Sun., 22 – Longevity: the benefits of eating fish
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- Sat., 25 – Lentils + rice
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- Sat., 2 – A healthy Chinese New Year
- January 2013
- Sun., 27 – Making cities more fitness-friendly
- December 2012
- Sat., 1 – Dr Réjean Thomas on World AIDS Day
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- Sun., 26 – Stress, Part 1: driving ourselves NUTS