Health: May 2013 Archives
Saturday May 25, 2013
Lentils and rice are just the beginning.
The Concordia University Perform Centre presents a workshop on all kinds of protein combinations in their healthy cooking program. It's about food pairings that make up complete proteins when you're not eating meat. They're not only better for your health but for your wallet and the planet as well.
Théa Demmers is a dietician with Concordia's Perform Centre and she is teaching the class on healthy cooking. She joinedSonali Karnick in studio this morning.
Saturday May 4, 2013
She calls herself a 'nutritionista'. She's actually a certified nutritionist, but nutritionista is more fun to say.
Fun is a big part of her approach to healthy living. Her new book re-imagines the way we look at our health and our power to change it - and a sense of humour is part of it.
She knows, because she's had to do it in her own life. Meghan was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease at the age of 26.
- August 2014
- Sat., 9 – Trampoline boots in Montreal's Old Port
- May 2014
- Sun., 11 – The Book of Kale and Friends
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- Sun., 2 – Toxin Toxout: how to detoxify your life
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- Sun., 22 – Longevity: the benefits of eating fish
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- Sat., 25 – Lentils + rice
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- Sat., 2 – A healthy Chinese New Year
- January 2013
- Sun., 27 – Making cities more fitness-friendly
- December 2012
- Sat., 1 – Dr Réjean Thomas on World AIDS Day
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- Sun., 26 – Stress, Part 1: driving ourselves NUTS