Health: August 2012 Archives
Sunday August 26, 2012
Dr Lupien is the founder and director of the Centre for Studies on Human Stress in Montreal, which combines research with public outreach. She's also a professor of psychiatry at the Université de Montreal.
In 2003 she was voted one of the Top 10 Canadians Who Make a Difference by MacLean's Magazine.
Benoit Aubin wrote this about her:
"In the rarefied circles of research on how hormones can affect the brain and influence our behaviour, health and happiness -- that's psycho-neuro-endocrinology -- Lupien is a star.
She has established clinically to international acclaim what many of us know intuitively: stress can make us sick."
Over the next few weeks, we're going to ask her about how we can figure out what stresses us and what to do about chronic stress so that it doesn't end up making us sick. Today, she tells Sonali Karnick about her NUTS formula.
Categories: Books, Health, Mini-series
- August 2014
- Sat., 9 – Trampoline boots in Montreal's Old Port
- May 2014
- Sun., 11 – The Book of Kale and Friends
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- Sun., 2 – Toxin Toxout: how to detoxify your life
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- Sun., 22 – Longevity: the benefits of eating fish
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- Sat., 25 – Lentils + rice
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- Sat., 2 – A healthy Chinese New Year
- January 2013
- Sun., 27 – Making cities more fitness-friendly
- December 2012
- Sat., 1 – Dr Réjean Thomas on World AIDS Day
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- Sun., 26 – Stress, Part 1: driving ourselves NUTS