Green/environmental: October 2013 Archives
Sunday October 20, 2013
There is a welcome trend in Quebec fashion. It's becoming chic to be socially conscious and environmentally friendly. More and more Quebec designers are making clothing locally and across the province, using recycled or organic fabrics.
Their designs will be among the high-fashion retailers at the Braderie de Mode québécoise this coming week. It's a biannual event in Montreal at the Marché Bonsecours (and in Quebec City). Dozens of Quebec designers sell their creations there for discounted prices.
Pascale Benaksas-Couture is the owner of Oom Ethikwear and Musky is the designer and owner of Musky eco-design. They talk with Sonali Karnick about their passion for giving back through fashion.
Categories: Fashion, Green/environmental
- May 2014
- Sat., 24 – Create your own monarch oasis
- March 2014
- February 2014
- Sun., 2 – Toxin Toxout: how to detoxify your life
- December 2013
- Sat., 14 – Understories
- October 2013
- Sun., 20 – Ethical and green fashions made in Quebec
- April 2013
- March 2013
- Sun., 3 – How to make a butterfly garden
- January 2013
- Sun., 13 – The World's Tallest Trees
- October 2012
- Sun., 28 – Making Electric Vehicles a practical choice