Books: November 2012 Archives
Sunday November 18, 2012
Mélanie Watt writes and illustrates the very popular children's book series about a character named Scaredy Squirrel. He's also become a TV series.
This holiday season, Mélanie Watt has a new book out called Scaredy Squirrel Prepares for Christmas. Mélanie spoke with Sonali Karnick about Scaredy, as well as about Mélanie's more confident creation, Chester the cat.
Saturday November 17, 2012
Award-winning pastry chef Nick Malgieri returns to the All in a Weekend studio this morning.
His latest book Bread includes a range of recipes, for everything from sourdough loaves, to pita bread to spinach and roquefort bread pudding.
Nick is the former executive pastry chef at the New York City's "destination" restaurant Windows on the World. He's the author of several books including Modern Baker, Perfect Cakes and Chocolate.
He now directs the baking program at the Insitute of Culinary Education in New York - when he isn't writing cookbooks.
Nick will be at the Westmount bookstore Appetite for Books later today.
Categories: Books, Cookbook Club, Food
Saturday November 10, 2012
There are many different ways to have a night out with the girls. But the Jewish Public Library in Montreal gives it their own spin with their annual Girls Night Out event.
It's for mothers and daughters. And it involves, of course, books.
To tell us more about the evening, we invited in another sort of librarian, Penny Fransblow. She's head of the children's section of the Jewish Public Library - and one of the people who started Girls Night Out. Joy Melnick, one of this year's co-chairs for Girls Night Out, joined her in-studio with Sonali Karnick.
For reservations for next Sunday, you can call:
514-345-2627 ext 3159.
- December 2012
- Sun., 9 – Erin Balser: Best of 2012 books
- November 2012
- October 2012
- Sun., 28 – John Ralston Saul's "Dark Diversions"
- Sat., 27 – Erin Balser: spooky Halloween reads
- Sat., 27 – C.S. Richardson: The Emperor of Paris
- Sun., 21 – Alix Ohlin's "Inside"
- Sat., 13 – The Cookbook Club launch
- Sat., 13 – Burma: Rivers of Flavor
- Sat., 13 – Modern Flavours of Arabia
- Sun., 7 – Jonathan Goldstein turns 40
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- Sat., 23 – "The Sweet Sixteen", a true Canadian story
- May 2012
- April 2012
- Sat., 28 – Peter Hobbs: In the Orchard, the Swallows
- Sun., 22 – 1000 awesome things
- Sat., 21 – Mmmm....La Tartine Gourmande
- Sat., 21 – Howard Shrier's new crime novel Boston Cream
- Sun., 15 – Freedom Climbers of Poland
- Sat., 14 – Spring cleaning for books
- Sat., 7 – David McGimpsey talks about Li'l Bastard