Books: May 2012 Archives
Saturday May 26, 2012
(The award-winning chef and cookbook author even has a man-cave with two beer fridges.)
But in his new cookbook Beerlicious, the king of the grill goes way beyond beer-can chicken.
Recipes such as the Leffe Brune Peanut Brittle BBQ Rub and Rolling Rock catfish are just one of a hundred creative combinations he's come up with.
Ted Reader joins Sonali Karnick in studio.
Saturday May 26, 2012
But stress by itself isn't necessarily a bad thing.
You just have to learn how to understand - and manage it.
That's the message of a new book by Dr Sonia Lupien titled Well Stressed: Manage Stress Before It Turns Toxic.
Dr Lupien is a psychiatry professor at the Université de Montréal and the founder and director of the Centre for Studies on Human Stress.
She shared her approach to handling stress with Sonali Karnick.
Saturday May 12, 2012
David Mendel is a well-known architectural historian and the president of Mendel Tours in Quebec City. Mendel Tours specializes in learning travel and works with high-profile clients from around the world.
David Mendel himself has lived in Quebec's historic old town for 36 years. And after years of telling people about the city's heritage, he started his own line of guidebooks - "Mendel Guides" - full of beautiful pictures of la Vieille Ville.
His first guide sold 7,000 copies. His second is titled "Quebec, Birthplace of New France" - and this time it takes us through the city's Lower Town.
David Mendel told Sonali Karnick about the new guidebook.
- September 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- Sat., 14 – Beerology
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- Sun., 23 – Sina Queyras: Memory x Time = Feeling
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- Sun., 8 – 100 Years of Canadian Railway Recipes
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- Sat., 26 – Author Kim Thuy part of CBC's Human Library
- December 2012
- Sun., 9 – Erin Balser: Best of 2012 books
- November 2012
- October 2012
- Sun., 28 – John Ralston Saul's "Dark Diversions"
- Sat., 27 – Erin Balser: spooky Halloween reads
- Sat., 27 – C.S. Richardson: The Emperor of Paris
- Sun., 21 – Alix Ohlin's "Inside"
- Sat., 13 – The Cookbook Club launch
- Sat., 13 – Burma: Rivers of Flavor
- Sat., 13 – Modern Flavours of Arabia
- Sun., 7 – Jonathan Goldstein turns 40
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- Sat., 23 – "The Sweet Sixteen", a true Canadian story
- May 2012
- April 2012
- Sat., 28 – Peter Hobbs: In the Orchard, the Swallows
- Sun., 22 – 1000 awesome things
- Sat., 21 – Mmmm....La Tartine Gourmande
- Sat., 21 – Howard Shrier's new crime novel Boston Cream
- Sun., 15 – Freedom Climbers of Poland
- Sat., 14 – Spring cleaning for books
- Sat., 7 – David McGimpsey talks about Li'l Bastard