Animals: January 2013 Archives
Saturday January 12, 2013
Last spring, ice jams from the nearby river flooded the zoo and they lost more than 20 of their animals and had to close for awhile.
The Saint-Felicien Wild Zoo is dedicated to the biodiversity of boreal regions. So they've got polar bears, wolverines, and bison from North America, camels and yaks from Mongolia, and Amur tigers from Asia.
This weekend, they're celebrating the birthday of a polar bear. Luckily, no matter where you are in the province, you can see the festivities online.
This morning, Christine Gagnon, the zoo's biologist and director of conservation and education, tells Sonali Karnick all about the party - and how the zoo's doing now.
(*Click here to see last year's birthday party at the zoo!) (Photos courtesy of St-Félicien Wild Zoo)
- August 2014
- Sun., 10 – One-week-old baby giraffe at Parc Safari
- May 2014
- Sat., 24 – Create your own monarch oasis
- October 2013
- Sat., 12 – Granby Zoo throws a Halloween party
- September 2013
- June 2013
- Sun., 23 – Songbird rehab at Le Nichoir
- January 2013
- Sat., 12 – Polar bear birthday at St-Félicien Wild Zoo