Friday's show - links, info & music
- Peter Scotchmer's diary-writing workshop this weekend is now sold out, but you can check out other OPL writing programs here
- There are a few Typhoon Haiyan-related fundraisers coming up -- here's a quick overview:
- Our guest Regina Sosing talked about the Save Typhoon Haiyan's Victims fundraiser. That takes place on Sunday starting at 2pm at Dominion University College (96 Empress St. in Chinatown) with a ecumenical prayer service, and then a concert from 3-5. Admission is free, but donations will be accepted for the Red Cross, as well as donations of other items such as non-perishable food and clothing.
- The Zumbathon Philippines Charity Event is November 30th from 5-6:30pm at the St. Laurent Complex (525 Cote St.). Tickets and reservations: 613-263-4794 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Block Love is at Orange Art Gallery on December 3rd from 4:30-8pm; it's a holiday block party with funds going to UNICEF.
- Lorraine and Henry Fernando are organizing Philippines Forward to take place on December 4th from 5-10pm at the Shenkman Arts Centre. Art will be available for sale, with all proceeds going to UNICEF.
- The Balconies play at Canterbury High School tonight; doors open at 7
Between 3 & 4:
- "Advice on Bioluminescent Bears" by BOATS, from the album A Fairway Full of Miners
- "The Last Bar" by Rachel Davis, from the album Turns
Between 4 & 5:
- "Puson Bato" by Alon
Between 5 & 6:
- "Gravy Train" by Soul Motivators, from the album Soul Motivators
- "The Slo" by the Balconies, from the album Fast Motions