Test your knowledge of the Tories.
1. If Alberta's Progressive Conservative party governs for four more years, what milestone will it reach?
Answer: c) the longest serving political dynasty in Canadian history
It would make the Tories the longest serving party at 44 years. Right now that title is held by the Nova Scotia Liberals, which served for a 43-year stretch.Continue
2. When Lougheed refused to accept Ottawa's price controls over oil - he earned a nickname. What was it?
Answer: a) The blue-eyed sheikContinue
3. Which future premier once proposed switching the fast and slow lanes on highways?
Answer: a) Ed Stelmach
Ed Stelmach, as infrastructure minister in 1999. He floated the idea, as a way to even out the wear and tear on highways. The idea didn't last long.Continue
4. Did Ralph Klein Say?
Answer: c) shoot, shovel and shut up
5. Which premeir said: "I maybe whacked my kids, beat my wife, but I've never abused a seat belt in my life.
6. Which cabinet minister recorded his first album in 1961?
Answer: d) Gene Zwozdesky
Gene Zwozdesky recorded the album 21 Songs for Ukranian ChildrenContinue
7. Which premier won 100,000 dollars in a lottery?
8. Who was Alberta's first Catholic premier?
Answer: b) Ed StelmachContinue
9. What years were the NDP the official opposition in Alberta?
Answer: a) 1982 to 1993
The NDP were official opposition from 1982 to 1986 with just two seats in the legislature. They continued on from 1986 to 1993, with 16 seats. But in the 1993 election the party was wiped off the map, not returning a single MLA.Continue
10. How much of the province's annual revenue comes from oil and gas, on average, each year?
Answer: b) 25 per cent
The province brings in, on average for the last few decades, 25 per cent of it's revenue from oil and gas. It's often the largest single source of revenue for the province.Finish
Congratulations! You made it to the end!