Bookmark and Share

Crowd Control

Broadcast Date: April 12, 2008

This week, Terry O'Reilly explores the evolving relationship between marketers and audiences, and how modern media have made audiences the product, and advertisers the buyer. While all art craves an audience: in the age of persuasion, ad-driven media exist for the purpose of procuring an audience, and delivering it to advertisers. Terry examines the business of audience research, and explains how studies of "demographics" and "psychographics", are giving way to a new classification: social "tribes".

Great to hear that podcasts are in the works. I wasn't able to listen to the April 12 broadcast on 'crowd control'. Is there any way I can access it?

I was one of the hundreds requesting information about Terry's shows being podcasted. It's great to see that might come to fruition.

I don't always get to listen to the shows, but I really enjoy them. Terry's program is hands-down one of my favourites on CBC. There's a level of research, sophistication of production and 'fun' that really works. I'm delighted to learn we'll be treated to more of this!

I am a social marketing consultant and regularly recommend the show to clients. Increasingly, I'm finding many already know of it.

Robb MacDonald, April 13, 2008 6:34 AM

My new favourite show on CBC!! I know you guys are working on podcasts, but please hurry!

Steve, April 13, 2008 2:02 PM

I am really excited that the podcasts are coming. I REALLY enjoy the show, but often miss it because of its time on Saturday, and I am not quite prepared to bring my laptop into the workshop to catch the live stream.

Kelly, April 15, 2008 12:01 AM

Finally! It's been too long coming, but at last you included a reference to The Prisoner.

The programme combines the depth of Ideas with the humour of Air Farce. It suffers from a poor air time, but I thank you for making the streaming available, and life everyone I look forward to the promised podcasts.

Thanks again

Mark, April 15, 2008 7:39 PM

Great show you guys have. Just stumbled upon it a few weeks back and I wish I'd been listening from the beginning. I've been reading some of the comments after the shows and was wondering if and when you post the podcasts will you only the episodes from this season or all episodes of the show.

Reuben, April 16, 2008 11:17 PM

It says that there is streaming audio but i can't figure out how to activate this? I click on it but nothing happens.

Of course like everyone else, I am very keen for the podcasts. Unfortunately I am in and out of car Saturdays and never get to hear the show in its entirety.

Has Mr. O'Reilly written any books? I would love to order them as well.
Regards
Tina Jagros

Tina Jagros, April 21, 2008 2:15 PM

This is quite possibly the best show on CBC Radio. I never miss it on Saturdays but if I do, it's great to know that the podcasts are available.

Terry O'Reilly produces a great show.

Keep up the great work.

Jeff, April 21, 2008 5:53 PM

I really like your show. Here is a program idea...... product names being changed to promote health e,g, Kentucky fried chicken was change to KFC. Do a show on product name changes,,, another example is the name "sugar "removed from breakfast cereals names.

John Nicolucci, May 7, 2008 9:24 PM

Where are the live streaming segments going? I was listening to Crowd Control and it just disappeared.

C. Anne Thomas, May 28, 2008 3:14 PM

.....so I am wondering what tribe listens to this excellent program?

Kathy Leko, July 25, 2008 7:12 PM

love the show and have emailed the link to several sign painter buddies, how 'bout your show of a couuple years, o'reilly on advertising, now there's a rerun i'd be happy to hear. You and Donny Deutch ( the big idea, cnbc)in a show together would be a great show!

pete payne, November 15, 2008 10:29 AM