Bookmark and Share

Next season?

[slight reverb under:] We couldn't be more pleased to announce that The Age
of Persuasion is returning for its fourth season on CBC Radio One, and
Sirius Satellite 137.

We invite you to gather 'round the wireless for the season premiere
beginning Monday, January 4th, '10, in the time slots occupied this fall by
our friends at White Coat, Black Art.

Until then, Terry and Mike will be busy persuading folks to check out their
book: "The Age of Persuasion: How Marketing Ate Our Culture," to be
published on 27 October by Knopf Canada.

Watch this space for more details, while we put on some fresh coffee and
fire up the ol' AOP console.

* * * * *

One of the best programs on the air. There definitely should be more.

Dave F., September 8, 2009 3:47 PM

I sure hope so! It's a great series with useful, interesting and entertaining presentations.

Dave Hutchison , September 9, 2009 6:46 PM

bring it on already!

aronwod, September 9, 2009 7:07 PM

omigod - i LOVE this program and panicked when i couldnt find it in the schedule a couple nights ago ...i've listened to the past episodes several times and was interested in when the new season might be starting in hopes of getting some new T.O'Reilly insights
your entire team does a fantastic job and i suspect you have a great time!
thanks for another season; some laughs & great information...in advance!

Charlene D. Vaughn, September 9, 2009 11:23 PM

I echo all the comments so far.

It's a pleasure to hear from someone in advertising who really knows what he's talking about.

Let this program continue for decades!

Marian, September 11, 2009 3:04 PM

Pod! Cast! Pod! Cast! Pod! Cast! ...

Greg Gurr, September 12, 2009 3:05 AM

Please bring this show back, I'm totally addicted to it.

Chris Verge, September 12, 2009 3:34 PM

Is there any way we could get an email alert for when the show resumes, as I know it will?

Still Mourning he Loss of "The Radio Show" "Finkleman's 45's" and "Talking Books" , September 12, 2009 7:22 PM

i love this show. and I am very excited about another season. I tell everyone I know about it

stephen, September 13, 2009 9:04 AM

Ref. The Age of Persuasion Hosted by Terry O'Reilly.

This has been one of the very few programs that we make a serious effort not to miss.

Mr. Vaughn's comment about sums up my feelings about Terry O'Reilly's
efforts to shed the light of understanding and humor on how the world actually works.

Thom MacMillan, September 14, 2009 10:55 AM

Come back! THE most interesting half hour of radio all week!

E Tevlin, September 14, 2009 4:27 PM

The best half hour of radio in the week! Come back!

E Tevlin, September 14, 2009 5:05 PM

"The Age of Persuasion" is a good example of what publicly funded programming should accomplish: provide insightful social commentary. If only all of the CBC's funding initiatives reaped this much value.

Tom L., September 16, 2009 1:26 AM

When CBC is slashing to save their bonuses, extending Jian Ghomeshis show, and then airing it twice, seems to indicate that the CBC radio bus officially has no driver.

Rest assured I will follow you to whatever network you end up on, if it is not our confused CBC.

gordie, September 16, 2009 11:44 AM

Glad to see the show will be back.

I have no idea how much further one can go on the subject of marketing and advertising, but I'm willing to stay tuned to find out.

Glyn, September 17, 2009 9:30 AM

i have to wait until 2010!?! i don't know if i can make it ... please come back sooner ... for an hour ... daily ... twice daily on weekends ...

gisele, September 18, 2009 4:09 PM

Well, I'm certainly glad to see Season Four is coming. Tragically, not until January. I guess I'll have to listen to re-runs until then. Great show, keep up the wonderful work.

David Odell, September 30, 2009 6:55 PM

One episode of AOP is more relevant and entertaining than a decade of Sheila Rogers, Jian Ghomeshi and Bernard St. Laurent tring to sound sophisticated and intelligent.
That Sudbury kid's a Bruin's legend and I'm sure he'll rise to the top in the world of not-for-profit radio as well.
By the way Terry, what happened to that curly, copious mop.
Oh, the raveges of time!
Keep yer stick on the ice, buddy!
I have to wait until January!?
Gimme a break!

Dan S, October 1, 2009 6:16 PM

I pre-ordered the book when I first heard about it, only a few weeks to go!

Then after I read it, still have to wait till January for new shows...

But I will wait....

Trevor, October 10, 2009 10:11 AM

I can't wait. Add my name to the list of fans. This is continually the most enthralling and entertaining broadcast on the air. I wish had Mr O'Reilly as lecturer when I was studying marketing in university, back in the day. I would have failed on purpose just to take the classes over.

Cheraj, October 12, 2009 12:38 PM

What? How can I survive without this incredible program until January? I am certain that there are many many people waiting with baited breath for the new series. Thanks, Terry. I tell everyone I come into contact with about your show; keep it up. This listner will be purchasing one of the first copies of your new book, and perhaps others to give away. Thanks again.

James Kidd, October 14, 2009 10:18 AM

I agree, the Age Of Persuasion is definately one of the best programs on the air. Terry O'Reilly does a fantastic job educating, entertaining and really catching my attention in every program. Great storytellers like Terry get people's attention because they touch people's lives and seem to understand how people think and feel. I would love to see a podcast available too! Thank you for putting together a Great Program.

Marc Dansereau, October 22, 2009 3:31 PM

After landing to Canada, you can say its my hobby to listen CBC radio, and Age of Persuasion is a 25 minutes free marketing / advertising class for me!

Suleman Wirani, October 24, 2009 6:05 PM

Wonderfully entertaining....Fabulous Show...and if I may echo the sentiments of so many others...PodCast...I was also wondering, if the first 2 seasons can be found in an archive...would love to hear them, as I am sure so many others would. Keep it coming Terry!

John Lobban, October 25, 2009 5:47 AM

Love the program and can't wait for the new season to start.

I'm looking for one of the older shows, though, and can't seem to find it. In late August or early September I caught only brief excerpts of one show. I didn't worry about it as I figured I could always pick it up online but I've listened to them all and it's not there. All I remember is that it contained clips of New Zealand ads for the TV program "The L-Word." Hilarious! I wish someone would point me in the right direction if it's contained in the show's archives because I'd love to hear the entire program.

Dan, October 31, 2009 12:32 PM

Can't wait for the next season. I've already bought the book. I am a fan!

One request.

Is it possible to add AOP to the CBC iphone / ipod app? I always want to share the program with friends and having it in the CBC app will be ideal.

Thanks for such a professional work

Fernando, November 3, 2009 4:07 PM

I hope the book tour comes to the Vancouver....I'd call in sick to go to the bookstore have Terry sign my copy!

Was that a phone in interview on CBC's "West Coast" program Tuesday afternoon? The best 5 minutes I've been stuck in traffic all week!

Waiting for your entertaining and inspiring program to come back on the air!

Kathy Leko, November 3, 2009 11:05 PM

I live for this show. And AIH .. :wub:

Jay, December 7, 2009 11:30 PM

I just heard that AoP will be back in January 2010! (I know, I must be living under a rock).

Really looking forward to it--it's one of the best things on CBC.

Marion C, December 12, 2009 7:08 PM

I have just read your book, which, like your show, is great and highly entertaining. I hope that a podcast is in the works, as I would love to get my students of popular culture at the University of Toronto listening to your words of wisdom.

Jennifer, January 2, 2010 2:07 PM