On Go the Taps!

Terry & I couldn't be more thrilled to introduce online streaming for our Age of Persuasion programs. Shows are added to the episode posts the Monday after they're broadcast.

Podcasts are a different beast. For more on that, just click our
"Podcast Update" tab, above.

Enjoy.
Mike Tennant
Co-Producer

|  Comments From Old The Age of Persuasion Site 16 | Bookmark and Share

On behalf of all the fans who keep missing the show on Saturdays( and I know there are many), THANKS!!!!!

Jason, February 11, 2008 10:11 PM

Thank you for offering Age of Persuasion available in an online streaming format that I can listen to at my leisure. I look forward to listening to the ones you have posted - I just came across this web page today.
I discovered the show last year shortly before it was halted and very much enjoyed every episode I was able to catch. Many of the shows I would have liked to have heard again. Now I can. The show is wonderful. Thanks again.

John Coldrick, February 14, 2008 3:47 PM

Thanks for posting these streams! Fantastic! Would you be able to post streams from previous seasons? My friends who have recently caught on to the show would like MORE!

Phil, February 15, 2008 6:16 PM

This show is fantastic!!
I really enjoy the topic and have been gaining great insight from it.

I'm really grateful for the online streaming version as I can listen to the show at my unpredictable times of leisure.

Thanks a lot and keep up the great!

Norris, February 18, 2008 12:14 AM

So happy to see that the show is available in a streaming format now. I'm a PhD student and as hard as it is on me to spend most of my Saturdays in the lab, it made it even harder knowing I'd miss this show.

Keep up the great work! I love the content, and new (to me) take on the forces influencing the world as it's sold to us.

jason.meisner@dal.ca, February 18, 2008 7:31 PM

Yeah! I so happy to be able to hear the Age of Persuasion. I am involved in the ad industry and love the show. It's informative, entertaining and eye-opening. Keep up the good work.

I know it's a bit off topic but maybe you could investigate the whole 'give it away for free and people will buy it' phenomena. Specifically the podcast/writer debate. Or where authors (eg. Cory Doctorow SF/writer) give there books away as Creative Commons works and people still buy them... brave new world out there...

Kendrick, February 21, 2008 11:42 AM

Best show ever. I just discovered it on line and now will not have to miss a broadcast.
Thanks
Debbie

Debbie Eggerman, February 23, 2008 10:50 AM

this is the best thing to happen to cbc and im thrilled (been waiting forever) that it's finally available online! THANK YOU

drew, March 1, 2008 11:59 AM

Thank god i finally found this!
I am not around to hear your show on the radio during it's new CBC timeslots. I've thought many times about writing the CBC to say 'how is it that this program doesn't fit my 40hr/week cbc habit?'
For 2 years running this was my favorite show on CBC, and I've been really upset to understand that this year it's been playing in 2 slots that don't fit my radio schedule. I even looked around for traces of it through other channels.
Thanks so much for making it available online CBC. Hats off to you Terry and the Pirate Radio bunch, I love the show!

Colin, March 3, 2008 3:28 AM

I started listening to this program 2 years ago. I would stop whatever I was doing, to give it my full attention.
The subjects are fascinating, familiar, informative and funny. I consider this program to be required listening for anyone in business, marketing or even the general public. My only complaint, it was in an unusual time slot.
I checked the website 2 days ago and found it was back on the air and available in live streaming. This is perfect. My busy work and family life make this very convenient. I can't wait to listen again to some of the old shows.
Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more shows and seasons.

RandyS, March 4, 2008 8:49 PM

This has bugged me since last season when I heard Terry say that when Burt Lancaster (?) removed his undershirt for a movie scene, it changed the undershirt industry for good.
Then I found a Trivial Pursuit card that claimed that this was a myth.
Who's right?

J Fisher, March 6, 2008 5:02 PM

Hey, J. Fisher: (Or can we call you "J"?)

Great question. You're referring to our AOP episode "The Legend of Clark Gable's Undershirt", first broadcast in October, 2006.

Far be it for us to cross swords with the good folks of Trivial Pursuit- we're big fans.

Here's what we said: when Clark Gable removed his shirt in Frank Capra's "It Happened One Night", he wasn't wearing an undershirt. Hollywood lore
has it that Gable rehearsed the scene, and found the undershirt added one garment too many, and ruined the pace. After "It Happened One Night",
undershirt sales plummeted. And we related a popular story that an underwear manufacturer threatened to sue Columbia Pictures.

Did undershirts quickly become less fashionable? Absolutely. Was it as result of Gable's famous scene? Maybe. Even Snopes, the great Urban Legend
arbiter, isn't sure: ttp://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/gable1.asp

Here's our view: Gable was a big enough star to sanctify the no-undershirt fashion. Whether he caused it or not, he had the pop-culture clout to give it momentum.

And therein lies the lesson marketers have built on ever since.

Mike Tennant
Producer, AOP

Mike Tennant, March 10, 2008 1:06 PM

Great stuff! I can't wait for the podcasts. I have been catching you on the radio, and now I can, and do, share you around the college.

Guy Dugas
Chair, Accounting & Computer Education
Red River College, Winnipeg

Guy Dugas, March 12, 2008 10:47 PM

Where's the streaming audio?

Rob MacInnis, April 1, 2008 2:30 PM

Hi Rob:

You're not alone: we're getting a lot of questions about why there's no streaming audio under "On Go the Taps", above.

Simple enough: "On Go the Taps" is not an episode in our series- but rather a blog entry to announce that streaming is available.

Not that it wouldn't make an interesting episode...

Mike Tennant, April 1, 2008 4:18 PM

I am just learning to use the IPod purchased from my son a year ago and am very disappointed your program is not available on Podcast.
Having read your update, I'll keep waiting and meantime catch up on recent missed episodes online.
While I love radio, it is really hard for me to find an uninterrupted half hour, so the ability to pause is even better.
The show is fabulous.
I hope you put an archive online someday.
Terry is possibly THE BEST speaker I have ever heard. Yes, it is a recorded program, but your speech is so clean, by which I mean bereft of the uhms and ahs and stutters which seem to be not only acceptable to radio personalities these days but appear to be entrance qualifications!
I learned English from age 9 onwards and just thrive on clear diction, actual real words, spoken in clear sentences with an intent to communicate ideas rather than style (I can't understand most of Dylan's songs to this day).
Blessings on your enlightening program.
Looking forward to the podcast.
Anitta