CBC/Radio-Canada Content Submission Guidelines for CBC/Radio-Canada Owned or Controlled Platforms (Content Submission Guidelines)
Everyone, every way. All CBC/Radio-Canada platforms are open to people of every age, race, religion, sex, ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
We want your perspective. Probe, analyze, inform. Challenge, advocate, debate. Inspire, entertain, enjoy. Your contributions make our programming richer, the conversations more lively and diverse.
Tell us your story, be a part of the conversation. CBC/Radio-Canada wants you to participate in sharing the content you create/upload (Your Content) with us on all of our platforms. Your Content includes but is not limited to online comments, video uploads and photo submissions.
We want your engaging photos and videos that capture breaking news and/or compelling stories. In addition, we regularly solicit Your Content on various topics for programs and stories, blogs, contests and many other types of interactive engagement.
CBC: Your username links to your profile and will appear alongside any of 'Your Content'. We reserve the right to identify your real name and city of residence from your profile when using Your Content (ie. John Doe from Vancouver says...). Adopting the identity of another person with the intention to mislead or cause harm is a serious violation which may lead to expulsion of the user.
When you share Your Content with us:
- Keep Your Content relevant to the topic and avoid repetitive posting.
- Be respectful and courteous, as if you were having a face-to-face discussion.
- If you are writing about legal issues, remember that people are innocent until proven guilty (that may mean using words such as "allegedly").
- Feel free to link internally within the CBC.ca/Radio-Canada.ca site as many times as you would like. As for external web addresses, we allow no more than three links per post. CBC/Radio-Canada does not endorse the content of external web sites and has no liability as to their content in any event. CBC/Radio-Canada reserves its right to take-down any external link.
- Radio-Canada: Use French for all of your exchanges and comments. Other languages cannot be used except for an occasional word.
- CBC: Use English or French for all of your exchanges and comment. Other languages cannot be used except for an occasional word.
- We want to hear your own opinion. Your Content must be created and owned by you, including any music and artwork. Breaking copyright rules is not permitted (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution). If the majority of Your Content was written or created by someone else, even with a proper credit, it won’t be accepted.
- Any of Your Content that is offensive and likely to expose an individual or a group of individuals to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability is prohibited.
- The following kind of Your Content is also prohibited:
- Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content
- Anything illegal
- Hate speech
- Threats, harassment
- Personal attacks, insults and defamatory statements
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
- Attempts to mobilise people for any purpose outside of a CBC event
- Respect other people's privacy by not including personal information in Your Content (such as phone numbers and email addresses) or private dialogue.
- Be sensitive in 'Your Content' regarding the death or injury of private individual, especially children.
- Make it personal, not commercial by leaving out press releases and commercial promotions.
If you violate any of these guidelines, Your Content will not be accepted and your account may be suspended or blocked. CBC/Radio-Canada reserves the right to not open a forum on any given story or to close a forum at any time without notice and to reject the publication of any of Your Content. CBC/Radio-Canada reserves the right to change these Content Submission Guidelines at any time without notice.
Lasted Updated: Aug 2013