Featured CBC content
Must Watch| More Videos
The Fifth Estate
The Boy Who Should Have Lived
Chazz Petrella had an idyllic childhood in Cobourg, Ontario - four siblings, loving parents, a hobby farm. But that all changed when his rages became too much for his family to handle. He was diagnosed with mental illness at age ten and was soon on the case-loads of nine agencies and services - including residential placements. Despite all of this care, Chazz committed suicide just after he turned 12. Why did a boy who seemed to have access to best of Ontario's child and youth services die?
Discover More from CBC
- cockpit Expert: Threats from inside the cockpit can't be ignored.
- $567k Over See a house that sold more than half a million over the listed price.
- Better Sex Try these exercises to work your core & more.
- Monogamy "Strict monogamy is damaging."
- Teen Success How does this teen make big money part time?
- Privacy Is your car spying on you?
Upload Your News
Submit your breaking news, stories, photos and videos.
It is a priority for CBC to create a website that is accessible to all Canadians including people with visual, hearing, motor and cognitive challenges.
Closed captioning is available for many CBC-TV shows offered online.
For air times of CBC-TV shows with described video, visit Accessible Media Inc.'s Described Video TV Guide. (Described video is not currently available online.)