CBC News »
- Canadian Tire Centre replaces Scotiabank Place Jun 18, 2013 7:20 PM ET — The Ottawa Senators announced Tuesday morning that Scotiabank Place will be renamed the Canadian Tire Centre. 7:20 PM ET
- 'Fireball' erupted during blaze on Pathway Private Jun 18, 2013 7:08 PM ET — Police say the extensive damage caused by a large fire in Ottawa's Redwood neighbourhood early Tuesday morning may make it difficult to find… 7:08 PM ET
- Ottawa jazz singer Kellylee Evans struck by lightning Jun 18, 2013 8:15 PM ET — Local jazz singer Kellylee Evans, scheduled to perform at the Ottawa Jazz Festival this week, is recovering at home after her house was stru… 8:15 PM ET
- 2 men jailed in Dominican wedding fight return to Canada Jun 19, 2013 1:23 AM ET — Two Canadian men who were detained in the Dominican Republic for nearly three weeks after a post-wedding fight broke out at a resort have re… 1:23 AM ET
- MPs and senators' side income provokes ethics debate Jun 18, 2013 1:41 PM ET — The debate over Justin Trudeau's speaking fees has raised questions about what MPs and senators should be allowed to earn on top of their sa… 1:41 PM ET
- Montreal mayor resigns amid corruption charges Jun 18, 2013 10:01 PM ET — Montreal Mayor Michael Applebaum has resigned in the wake of corruption charges being laid against him, although he maintains he is innocent… 10:01 PM ET
- Canada to send peacekeeping troops to Haiti Jun 18, 2013 8:13 PM ET — A handful of Canadian troops are about to take part in peacekeeping operation in Haiti, under the command of Brazilian forces, in a long-del… 8:13 PM ET
- Google asks secret court to lift gag on surveillance Jun 18, 2013 6:34 PM ET — Google is asking the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to lift its long-standing gag order on how often the company is asked… 6:34 PM ET
- Brazil protesters keep up pressure on government Jun 18, 2013 8:13 PM ET — Thousands of demonstrators flooded into a square in Brazil's economic hub, Sao Paulo, on Tuesday for the latest in a historic wave of protes… 8:13 PM ET
- Heat force Game 7 with OT win over Spurs Jun 19, 2013 1:57 AM ET — LeBron James and Ray Allen powered Miami to a frantic fourth-quarter rally and overtime escape as the Heat beat the San Antonio Spurs 103-10… 1:57 AM ET
- Overmatched Tahiti stealing Confed Cup spotlight Jun 19, 2013 12:40 AM ET — CBC News reporter Nick Purdon examines why the 138th-ranked Tahitians are the talk of the 2013 Confederations Cup in Brazil. 12:40 AM ET
- Wharnsby: Daniel Paille a Bruin favourite Jun 19, 2013 1:52 AM ET — Humble and hard working, Boston forward Daniel Paille earned the respect of his teammates long before scoring a pair of game-winning goals i… 1:52 AM ET
- Stanley Cup Stories: Gregory Campbell inspires Bruins Jun 19, 2013 1:41 AM ET — The Boston Bruins got another dose of inspiration from injured grinder Gregory Campbell. This and more in the top NHL stories from Tuesday. 1:41 AM ET
- Blackhawks' Marian Hossa 'likely' to play Game 4: Quenneville Jun 18, 2013 9:12 PM ET — Chicago Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says star forward Marian Hossa is "likely to play" when the Stanley Cup final resumes Wednesday ni… 9:12 PM ET
- Wayne Gretzky believes NHL will return to Quebec City Jun 18, 2013 10:03 PM ET — Hall of Famer Wayne Gretzky thinks the NHL will return to Quebec City. The Great One said Tuesday his gut feeling is Quebec City will again … 10:03 PM ET
- MPs pass NDP motion on expenses, adjourn for summer Jun 19, 2013 1:16 AM ET — One week after defeating Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau's attempt to open MPs' expenses to public scrutiny, the NDP has won approval for a pr… 1:16 AM ET
- Canada to send peacekeeping troops to Haiti Jun 19, 2013 12:49 AM ET — A handful of Canadian troops are about to take part in peacekeeping operation in Haiti, under the command of Brazilian forces, in a long-del… 12:49 AM ET
- Most groups don't want return of Trudeau speaking fees Jun 18, 2013 6:58 PM ET — Most of the 17 charitable and other organizations that have paid speaking fees to Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau during his time as an MP say… 6:58 PM ET
- Tim Hortons being circled by Wall Street hedge funds Jun 18, 2013 3:14 PM ET — At least two groups of American hedge funds have bought large chunks of Tim Hortons shares recently, a sign the activist investors want to p… 3:14 PM ET
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.9 million Jeep SUVs in U.S., Canada Jun 18, 2013 4:33 PM ET — Chrysler avoided a showdown with U.S. government safety regulators Tuesday, agreeing to recall 2.7 million older Jeep Grand Cherokee and Lib… 4:33 PM ET
- Leaders downplay reports of stalled Canada-EU trade talks Jun 18, 2013 7:35 PM ET — Both Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his British counterpart, David Cameron, downplayed signs of trouble in the Canada-EU trade negotiatio… 7:35 PM ET
- Are e-cigarettes safe to puff? Jun 18, 2013 5:58 PM ET — As electronic or e-cigarettes grow in popularity, some health advocates want them to be regulated. 5:58 PM ET
- Sexually transmitted oral cancers screened with early blood test Jun 18, 2013 1:02 PM ET — Antibodies to a high-risk type of a virus that causes mouth and throat cancers when transmitted via oral sex can be detected in blood tests … 1:02 PM ET
- Parents in dark about teens tanning, study suggests Jun 18, 2013 1:43 PM ET — New research into the use of indoor tanning salons by Alberta teenagers suggests their parents are clueless about it. 1:43 PM ET
- Ai Weiwei's zodiac sculpture unveiled in Toronto Jun 18, 2013 5:27 PM ET — A monumental sculpture series by Chinese activist-artist Ai Weiwei was officially unveiled Tuesday outside of Toronto's City Hall. 5:27 PM ET
- Stunt woman's phone hacked to overhear Angelina Jolie Jun 18, 2013 5:45 PM ET — A woman who worked as a stunt double for Angelina Jolie sued Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. in Los Angeles on Tuesday, claiming she's a victim … 5:45 PM ET
- Crazy Rich Asians: an interview with author Kevin Kwan Jun 18, 2013 1:48 PM ET — In his debut novel, Manhattan-based Kevin Kwan returns to the moneyed Asian enclaves of his youth to satirize an outlandish, fantastical wor… 1:48 PM ET
- Federal open data portal revamp aims to encourage apps Jun 18, 2013 3:58 PM ET — The federal government has revamped its data portal in an effort to encourage the development of innovative apps that make use of the public… 3:58 PM ET
- Huge ancient city at Angkor Wat revealed by lasers Jun 18, 2013 12:24 PM ET — Airborne laser technology has uncovered a network of roadways and canals, illustrating a bustling ancient city linking Cambodia's famed Angk… 12:24 PM ET
- Google pledges to rid the web of child pornography Jun 18, 2013 5:15 PM ET — If any one company could conceivably stop the sexual exploitation of children online, Google would be a likely contender - but not even the … 5:15 PM ET
CBC Radio & Television
CBC Radio & Television
- Watch Online: Fruit Hunters, Part 2
- Take a journey through the exotic, fascinating world of fruit — a story of nature, commerce and obsession.
- Hockey Second Screen Enjoy games, polls, trivia & prizes!
- DRAW PETER MANSBRIDGE The CBC anchor picks his favourite portrait!
- CBC Music Canadian musicians share their wedding songs.
- CBC Music Check out 25 forgotten Canadian pop stars.
- Video: Jackie Chan The movie star discusses the growing Chinese film industry.
- CBC Digital Archives Discover the origins of small-batch beer.
It is a priority for CBC to create a website that is accessible to all Canadians including people with visual, hearing, motor and cognitive challenges.
Closed captioning is available for many CBC-TV shows offered online.
For air times of CBC-TV shows with described video, visit Accessible Media Inc.'s Described Video TV Guide. (Described video is not currently available online.)