- Developing Boko Haram kills dozens in attack to disrupt Nigeria election
- Developing Best Buy closes Canadian Future Shop stores
- Developing 3 adults die in fire on Siksika First Nation east of Calgary
- Developing Ex-Tory MP Brian Jean is new leader of Alberta's Wildrose party
- Developing Ex-lover says German co-pilot promised big gesture: paper
Featured CBC content
Must Watch| More Videos
The Fifth Estate
The Boy Who Should Have Lived
Chazz Petrella had an idyllic childhood in Cobourg, Ontario - four siblings, loving parents, a hobby farm. But that all changed when his rages became too much for his family to handle. He was diagnosed with mental illness at age ten and was soon on the case-loads of nine agencies and services - including residential placements. Despite all of this care, Chazz committed suicide just after he turned 12. Why did a boy who seemed to have access to best of Ontario's child and youth services die?
Discover More from CBC
- Airline Disasters Has flying become more dangerous?
- Teen Success How does this teen make big money part time?
- Slender Population What is Japan's secret?
- Field of Success Sisters make it big with healthy oil produced in Saskatchewan.
- Female Desire What turns on Canadian women and why?
- Los Angeles How is the City of Angels dealing with a water crisis?
Upload Your News
Submit your breaking news, stories, photos and videos.
It is a priority for CBC to create a website that is accessible to all Canadians including people with visual, hearing, motor and cognitive challenges.
Closed captioning is available for many CBC-TV shows offered online.
For air times of CBC-TV shows with described video, visit Accessible Media Inc.'s Described Video TV Guide. (Described video is not currently available online.)